Pilates is a way of life.
Joseph Pilates originally called his unique form of movement Contrology "the complete coordination of body, mind and spirit." We now refer to his methods as Pilates.
Pilates is a strength based workout designed to lengthen and strengthen your muscles. Every exercise is initiated from your Powerhouse thus teaching your body to stabilize before it moves. A consistent Pilates practice will not only change how your body looks but also how it feels! In the words of Joseph Pialtes "in 10 sessions you'll feel different, 20 you'll look different and in 30 you'll have a whole new body." When you add Pilates to your regimen it will make everything you are doing more effective!
Pilates Benefits Your Life.
The primary benefits students gain when practicing Classical Pilates include:
- Toned, long and lean muscles
- Combine strength with flexibility
- Boost core strength and stability
- Develop balance and coordination
- Prevent injury
- Heighten body awareness
- Relieve stress and back pain
- Increase muscular tone and endurance
- Improve posture and alignment
- Refine athletic performance
- Weight Loss